So we are nearing the end of the year and let me tell you, I’m SO ready for 2012 to be over. It’s been a weird year, with some amazing experiences, and some pretty crappy experiences. Now, I hope the world doesn’t end on 12-21-12, but I am ready for the dawning of a new age, and a new year.
Let’s see how I did in 2012 with my resolutions. I made 30 resolutions for my 30th year. Pretty bold if I do say so myself:
Eat only vegan/plant strong– I’ve been 98% plant strong. I haven’t had ANY animal flesh of any sort, but I have had a few dairy slip-ups. But they are never straight up. Usually in baked goods. No excuse I know. But I’m keepin’ it real and being honest on the blog. Pick out our wedding photos for the album– Photos were picked. Album was approved. I hope to have it before we’ve been married 2 years. We’ll see if that happens. Update: We are supposed to have this in hand this month. Again, we’ll see if it happens.
Procrastinate less– I haven’t been able to procrastinate, too busy. So that’s a good thing.
- Learn a new musical instrument – Nope. Not enough time this year. Oh well, can’t win ‘em all.
Perform in public –I think I did quite enough damage during my 30th birthday Karaoke extravaganza to fulfill this resolution.
Stop negative self talk– I’ve been doing really good. I think Yoga helps a lot with this.
More positive self talk– See above. Exercise everyday at least 30 minutes and try for 60 minutes three times a week– hahahahaha. What a lofty goal. Although, I do yoga at least twice a week and I can stand on my head now. Go on an exciting vacation –This year I did Berlin, Columbus, OH, Raleigh, Los Angeles. And on Sunday, I’m taking a week off and going to Florida with my mom, sister and nephew.
Spend more time with my nephew –I’m excited to spend a week with him!!
ake River to obedience class –We actually did this one!! An obedience trainer came to the house. It was great and we have some good tips to help River work on his people skills.
Floss more –Well, now I have to do it much more often, and I will because. . .
Go back to the dentist –I went back to the dentist. I’ve never had a cavity in my life, but my gums are horrible. I’m currently halfway through the torture of correcting this problem. I will floss forever and ever. It sucks getting olde sometimes.
Drink more water –I’ve been good, I could do better. Update: I could still do better.
Eat more salads– Well, I was doing great until I landed in the hospital and they told me not to eat as much raw veggies.
Pay off my student loans– DONE!!!!!!!!!
- Complete Dave Ramsey Financial Peace (at home version) with Dallas - We need to finish. Everyone started traveling. We’ll get this done! Update: I really don’t think this will happen before the end of the year, unless we watch a bunch at the beach.
Take on new challenges at work to continue to develop as a professional –For the past three months, I ran our department while my boss was on maternity leave. It was such a good experience and such a good learning opportunity. Definitely challenging at times, but a good challenge!
- Stop using credit cards – oy. This has been an expensive quarter. I’ve stopped using it now, but I did have to rely on it for a few things.Update: With hospital visits, vet visits, and other costs popping up, this has been the most expensive year ever. So sadly, it required breaking out the credit card.
- Stick to my budget – See above. We’ll get back on track in 2013.
- Rediscover my love of running – Yea, not gonna happen this year. Can’t do it all can i?
- Participate in another Team in Training event – not yet. This
quarteryear has been busy.
- Take a fun class (language, cooking, painting, etc) – YOGA!!! YAYY!!!
Try more vegan/vegan-friendly restaurants in Atlanta –Wrecking Bar is a continued favorite. Dough Bakery is also a constant in rotation.
Blog consistently –Heck yeah, vegan mofo! Update: vegan mofo was interrupted by my stint in the hospital. So, more blogging to come, and some fun things in the works for december.
Include more photos on my blog – I’m getting better.
Attend Vida Vegan Blogger Conference (if they repeat in 2012) or another blogger conference– I’m going to VVC in 2013!!
Try stand-up paddle boarding –Didn’t happen, maybe next year.
Go to a music festival with Dallas– YAY!! We went to Hopscotch Music Fest in Raleigh. It was awesome.
Take yoga classes– 12 months of yoga and going strong! I love it!!
So, not too shabby for a lofty goal. I’ll be posting my resolutions for the new year later this month.