I, like many other bloggers, am addicted to Pinterest. I use it mostly to pin recipes, and yoga poses that I aspire to be able to do.
I wanted to find an easy, quick and healthy dinner to make after work on Monday night, so I perused my Pinterest board to see what I had pinned. I was instantly inspired by this Spaghetti Squash recipe.
We had an amazing spaghetti squash dish during the yoga retreat, and I’ve been craving it ever since. I had heard about cooking spaghetti squash in the microwave, and since I like anything that’s quick and easy, I decided to give it a go.
I really didn’t do anything fancy for “my” version of spaghetti squash:
- Poke LOTS of holes in the spaghetti squash and nuke for 8-10 minutes (10 was too mushy, 8 was still hard in spots, so I’d try 9 next time.)
- Cut squash in half, scoop out the seeds, and scrape “meat” into a bowl with a fork.
- Dump squash into saucepan
- Crumble package of favorite brand of soy crumbles
- Pour in tomato sauce of choice
- Heat up on stove
- Top with some Nooch and enjoy!
Sure, it’s not gourmet. It’s basically what I do with actual spaghetti, but healthier and even faster.
What’s your favorite way to make spaghetti squash?