Well, this year has already been crazy busy – but all with good things so I can’t complain! Alas, I haven’t had much time for blogging, but I HAVE been cooking and have accumulated some good posts.
One of the dishes that I miss the most is my mom’s pot roast recipe. It was always super easy, and I would make it in the crock pot so it would cook all day and I would come home to a filling one-pot meal. After figuring out how to veganize her brisket recipe for Chanukkah, I decided to tackle the pot roast next.
And it is still easy peasy.
Mom’s EasyPeasy Pot Roast
- Sprinkle a packet of onion soup mix on the bottom of the crock pot
- Add two packages of Gardein Beef Tips
- Add 6 quartered red potatoes and a bag of baby carrots
- Add 1 cup of vegetable broth and 1/2 cup water
- Sprinkle second packet of onion soup mix on top
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours
Voila! An easy and filling one-pot meal that leaves your house smelling like you’ve been slaving away in the kitchen all day!